Saturday, January 12, 2008

January 12, 2008 -23 months old

I learned what people mean when they would say being a parent changes you. Last night Kal was having a hard time sleeping. My wife pulled him into our bed. The greatest ego boost in the world was that he curled up with me.

After a certain point Kal-el started to squirm. In hind sight I should have known the signs. He could not get comfortable no matter how he tried. Then the tell tail overtly deeply sounding belch followed by the sound of pouring liquid. Needless to say Kal had thrown up and I was really, really awake.

I pull him out of bed, he is a little upset but I consciously remain calm. I think it helped. He cries a little in my arms and them out of no where throws up all over me. One of the most surreal moments of my life. There we definatly that person inside who wanted to panic and run, but I didn't, I wiped his mouth and told him everything was ok. We went and washed up, got new shirts and snuggled until he fell asleep. All the while whispering words to each other like "okey-dokey","cat" and "yeah"

Overall a night filled with amazing highs of intimsey and rock bottom lows of knowing your child is hurting and all you can do is hold him.

Which, I believe, can help.

The son of El said - cat, in, up , out , bus, roof roof, hot, cold, yeah, no, pie, and truck today.

No comments: