Sunday, January 13, 2008

January 13 2008

It's been a tough day. Kal has a viscious cough and won't eat a lot. He's getting plenty of fluids and at least we have that going for us. He goes in waves of energy. There are moments where he is on fire and you can't keep up, then his reserves end and he crashes. All the while he is very fussy, but you can tell he wants to be happy.

I found myself becoming frustrated in the afternoon. Sometimes it's a little overwhelming. I'm usually pretty good at riding the chaos wave but there definatly moments where I want to close myself into a sensory deprivation tank and just be. Those moments make me feel guilty which frustrates all the more. Of course all emotions are hightened becuase H has a fever. Never fun for first time parents. At least not fun for us.

Had a great dinner though. Mommy picked one out of a Jamie Oliver cook book and we invited a friend neighbor to join us. She was more critical of her cooking than I. I thought it was great.

The son of El added "two" and a rough version of "gaterade" to his vocabulary. He also learned to say "meow" when asked what sound cats make. That was really cool.

No comments: