Saturday, January 12, 2008

January 12, 2008

I got home late from work tonight. Kal was already in bed but not asleep. I went into the room and I took him in my arms. We sat in the rocking chair of our small rented house and talked. I did most of the talking but he would agree with me by giving me a "yeah" or "no" when I asked him questions. He did say "money", it seems we are starting a new tradition where I give him all the change in my pocket. He plays with it for a while. He likes to organize it and loves the way it sounds clinking together. Then we put the money in his piggy bank. Kal-el gives the sign for more but I tell him that that's all the money for tonight and there will be more money tomorrow. He seems to be cool with that. He will get bold enough just to reach into my pockets of what I am wearing to try to find change.

No comments: